Here is a list of internships and programs organized by location. Please see Ms. Rocio if you have any questions.
YEAR LONG PROGRAMS
- COSMOS-California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science: COSMOS is an intensive four-week summer residential program for students who have demonstrated an aptitude for academic and professional careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects. Talented and motivated students completing grades 8-12 have the opportunity to work with renowned faculty, researchers and scientists in state-of-the-art facilities, while exploring advanced STEM topics far beyond the courses usually offered in California high schools. Through challenging curricula that are both hands-on and lab intensive, COSMOS fosters its students’ interests, skills, and awareness of educational and career options in STEM fields.
- Applied Medical: Applied Medical is looking for exceptional interns who share their mission to deliver technologies that enhance clinical care and satisfy the pressing economic needs of customers. If you are an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging, yet casual business environment, they invite you to inquire about their paid internship program.
- Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program: Designed to encourage students to participate in Science and Engineering along with participating with the Department of the Navy through research experiences.
- Project M.I.S.S. California State University, Fullerton sponsors an exciting program called the “Mathematics Intensive Summer Session” (MISS). The purpose of this program is to assist college bound young women to enhance their mathematics skills.
- Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Institute: The CLYLP Los Angeles Institute (LAI) was established in 2006 to inspire and motivate students from Southern California to become future leaders through public service. Open to 50 students from Los Angeles County, the three-day institute offers an impactful program designed to develop students’ leadership potential and increase their knowledge of the region’s cultural and political landscape. Institute participants connect with education, business, political and community leaders and receive encouragement in their pursuit of post-secondary educational opportunities. Housing, meals and program materials are provided at no cost to the participants or their families.
YEAR LONG PROGRAMS
- Santa Ana Police Explorer Program
Police Explorers are young persons with an interest in law enforcement and community service as a career. The Explorer program is an intensive, long-term process designed to assist youth in meeting the hiring requirements of local police departments. Applicants may begin the selection process at any time by attending one of the general training meetings that are held on the first three Wednesdays of each month. Applicants are not required to contact the Department prior to attending the meeting. The meetings are held at the Santa Ana Police Department and applicants must arrive in the main lobby no later than 6:15 p.m. Applicants arriving late will not be admitted into the meeting.
- Orange County Fire Explorer Program: For aspiring firefighters. The Orange County Fire Authority Fire Exploring Program is an official department function. It is the intent of the Fire Authority, in conjunction with the Learning For Life, to offer young adults real life experiences, training, and exposure to the career opportunities available in the fire service.
- UCI Medical Center: For students who are interested in medicine. Make sure to look for the application in the Fall as this is a spring only opportunity.