What do Colleges look for?
Universities follow the holistic approach. They will look at everything you did over your high school years.
- Grade Point Average: A 3.0 GPA is required for most universities. The higher your GPA, the better!
- SAT and/or ACT score: The higher your score, the better. Make sure to study. Refer to Khan Academy and SAT/ACT Apps.
- Awards and Recognition: Make sure that you save your awards. If you feel you may lose them, Miss Rocio can place them in your counseling folder.
- Community Service: Make sure that you are serving your community. If you need assistance with finding locations, please see Miss Rocio
- Challenging classes: AP, Honors and if possible, community college classes.
- Taking the correct classes: A-G Requirements, refer to your Academic flowchart. In essence, taking the recommended extra year of Spanish, Science and/or Math. You do not need to do all three required courses but it is highly recommended.
- Extra-curriculars: Clubs, sports, work (not required), programs, etc