- Volunteer in your community
- Take a summer class at a local community college
- Internship or employment opportunities
- Visit Colleges
- Recover credits (if applicable)
- Participate in a summer program (see Ms. Rocio for more info)
- Continue earning good grades (A's and B's)-Admission Representatives will be taking a close look
- Consider taking AP and Honors courses (Challenge yourself)
- Meet with counselor to discuss your plans and ask questions!
- Focus on work and manage your time effectively
- Join clubs and participate in sports
- Participate in sports, clubs, and extra-curricular activities
- Introduce yourself to the college representatives that visit Samueli Academy, even if you think that you may not want to go there.
- Look for Scholarships! There is tons of money sitting, waiting for you to claim it
- Sign-up for PSAT (practice SAT) in October (it is just practice, junior year is when it counts)
- Look at your PSAT scores and make a plan to improve (if necessary).
- Create a profile and receive college resources: www.collegeboard.org
- Attend college fairs (see list of important events)
- If you took AP courses, take the AP exams
- Continue to add to your Portfolio (update your resume and include sample work)
- Participate in on campus events (workshops, field trips, visits from college reps)
- Seek tutoring when necessary.